Thursday, November 17, 2011

Reading

AS part of assigned homework Mr. C has this thing called Book in a Bag. Well he used to hide them from me until a couple of weeks ago when we had parent teacher conference. Then he got screwed! Now he hides in his room when he gets home and when he pops his head out I tell him to get his books and start reading. Back into hiding he goes. These are the times when being a step parent sucks because I can't use the line "You better do it now or I can take you out of this world because I brought you into it" I also get the eye roll from him followed by the "You can't tell me what to do, you're not my boss" he once said "You're not my mom" To which I replied "You're right I am not your mom and you know why? I am still here! I care enough to be around for your birthday and help you with school! I am here for you everyday and love you enough to not run away and not tell you where I am. I am not leaving!"

It is hard because Bio mom still calls them and tells them that we are evil and she is the only one that loves them. At least Miss M and Mr B are old enough to realize that their bio mom is not right in the head but Mr C is only 6 and her baby. Mr C was always spoiled by her and has a really hard time separating her reality from real reality. Poor kid just wants to be loved and unfortunately until he is old enough understand that she is just not capable of loving him beyond it making her look good he is not going to accept me as a parental figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment